Google Adwords Editor 9.7.1 and 9.8.1 and 9.9.0 again has been released with major design flaws, see Developers best practice for Windows user profiles. It saves itself, including Adwords data in Windows folder structures that are getting lost on a user logout. Additional to this, there is no way to redirect the data folder to a Roaming Profile folder like it's possible with Google Chrome.
The fundamental broken Windows basics are:
- Roaming Profiles are not supported
- As result - all data and the application itself get's lost if you log off from the computer.
- This happens for the reason that the Application is installed to LocalAppDataFolder, what is a folder that is per definition a folder that is excluded from roaming.
- Application is not installed for All Users
- This is at least wrong design as Adwords should be used by 98% in Enterprises and not at home. The application need to be deployable per machine to be Enterprise ready.
How to workaround some of the issues?