If you are installing a CommCell Console GUI on your Administrator PC it normally download and installs all patches from the CommCell Server to the client. You do not need to do anything manually, but with this bug these feature is more or less broken.
- CommCell Console GUI 9.x SP3 is not installing patches at all.
- CommCell Console GUI starts up and update dialog is shown. After you press Yes for installing the patches, nothing at all happens and patches are not installed.
- Upgrade logs complain about some missing dependencies that are not fullfilled. Looks like the patch references table on CommCell is broken again and missing required references.
- Upgrade your CommCell from SP3 to SP3a
- 08/30/2011: GUI Console 9.x SP3a fixes issues introduced with SP3 with UAC *disabled*
- 07/20/2011: GUI Console 9.x SP3 does not install patches (5th case opened, about this type of issues)
- 06/05/2011: GUI Console 9.x SP2a is still not Vista/Win7 ready (missing UAC support).
- 10/03/2011: UAC on Windows 7 shows a new bug, Run console as admin solves the issue.
- 02/24/2011: Patching fails again with latest post-SP5 patches on Windows 7 (x64).
- 10/13/2010: Manual uninstallation of CommCell GUI, AutoUpgrade from RTM to SP5 was successfully (WinXP).
- 10/07/2010: Automatic upgrade from SP4 to SP5 failed again under WinXP.
- 10/05/2010: RTM should have a bug. Applying the SP interactively resolves the issue. Still broken with January 2010 DVD set and SP4 manually installed in opposite of what support says. Now running with SP4.
- 08/13/2010: Opened case with support