If you are using CFCONTENT with images or PDFs you will run into serious troubles with ColdFusion 10 Updater 14. These updater contains an upgrade of the IIS connector and will break your websites. This is known to be an issue with ColdFusion 11 and ColdFusion 10. The bug has been logged with Adobe as coldfusion 10 update 14. failed to load pdf document, but the issue goes far beyond PDFs.
- An URL use CFCONTENT tag to output a PDF or an image to the browser. If you have URL parameters attached to this URL it will fail to download.
- Wireshark traces show that no binary data is send to the web browser. You only see a GET and some headers, but no content.
- Replace Updater 14 connector DLL
C:\ColdFusion10\config\wsconfig\[ID]\isapi_redirect.dll with the connector DLL from Updater 12.
- Uninstall CF 10 Updater 14
- May install Helicon APE or any other .htaccess module for IIS. The issue seems not happen with CF internal server and may require a rewrite software. The exact root cause is still unknown.
- Create a simple index.cfm file with
- Access the
/index.cfm file in your web browser. Image is shown.
- Access the
/index.cfm?foo=bar file in your web browser, but with some random URL params attached. Image is NOT shown. BUG
- 12/18/2014: Bug has been fixed in Updater 15 and later
- 11/29/2014: Got feedback that the issue is already fixed internally. I guess in Updater 15. Currently waiting for hotfix.
- 11/28/2014: Attached repro case application
- 11/27/2014: Debugged connector and escalated to Adobe. Documented workaround.
- 11/26/2014: Found issue and build a repro case.