If you are running Simpana 9.0 SP2a and you backup Windows 2003 servers they are no longer backed up after you have installed SP2a. There is no notice or warning at all. You will not get an email if the job has failed to backup your data. Hopefully you have no data loss before you came aware of this bug...
- Windows 2003 machines are not backed up. Windows 2008 or Windows R2 is not affected.
- Alert system does not notify you about the data backup failure.
- It does not matter if you use VSS or not.
- It does not matter if you have selected some files or all files for backup.
- Only the Commvault Jobs folder and SystemState is backed up.